. . .
In 1946, Henry L. Curtis and Alice Curtis were about to start a business that would have a lasting impact on Mount Vernon, Ohio.
Henry’s father, Walter Curtis, sold milk from their family farm, Round Hill Farm. All milk was produced by their Jersey cows and delivered to homes around Mount Vernon by horse and buggy. In addition to running Round Hill Farm, Walter also oversaw The Curtis Hotel while Henry was away during World War II. After Walter passed, Henry came home from the war with dreams to expand the dairy alongside with Alice.
In 1948, the dream of expanding the family dairy farm, became a reality. Henry and Alice started to pasteurize and homogenize milk in their small dairy processing building located by The Curtis Mansion.
. . .
300 Wooster Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050